The long, slow winter

Comments

• That sums things up for me. Slowly moving forward at the pace of the people helping us, trying to find the right pace between too-slow-to-make-it-in-time and too-fast-to-make-good-choices.
  • How is the city's permit process? Expensive? Or are they fairly cooperative?
  • We haven't had to pull a permit for anything yet. When we do, we'll update everyone with the process.
  • Thanks!
  • Slow and steady, right boys? :)
  • Looking good guys. I love the fireplace! More photos of the brick work detail please.
  • I came across your website last night, and I was riveted by your story. It's so familiar, yet so unique. I am your neighbor on Avery (bet Willis and Alexandrine). I bought my house last Feb and completed renovation (if that really ever happens in a 100+ yr old house!) in July. I had many of the same issues, except -- thankfully -- the persistent break-ins. I'll stop by sometime soon to introduce myself and to offer help. I'd also love to show you my house (not nearly as grand as the Sullivan House), so you can see that there is light at the end of the tunnel! I'm excited for all of you, keep up the good work.
  • I just wanted to say that I've been absorbing this whole blog the past hour after reading about the renovation on the Model D website. A huge WELL DONE on making this project a reality. I made the move to Detroit last summer (New Center/Midtown) after longing to find a spot of my own in the city for the past 10 years. I'm not a Detroit native, however I totally associate with the feeling of "coming back home." Thank you for committing your time to the Detroit community. It's determination like this that is slowly breathing revival back into the city. :)
  • Beautiful fireplace. Good that the break-ins have stopped. Keep up the great progress, please. Looking forward to maybe seeing it in April :D Brian, check your email on Icrontic for more on that, please.