Leaving

Comments

• I'm ready to help whenever you guys are in need.

Should put together a calendar for projects so people know when the days are that they're best equipped to contribute.
  • Nice article, Brian. We can only hope that in time, your new home will feel just as good as the old one.
  • My best memories of the island counter in the kitchen was teaching Jokke about beer pong or covering it in case upon case of White Castle (and the feeding frenzies that ensued).

Or falling asleep in one room only to have IC people move you while you slept, always fun.
  • My best memories of the island counter in the kitchen was teaching Jokke about beer pong or covering it in case upon case of White Castle (and the feeding frenzies that ensued).
    Heh, I remember that. Good times.
  • B,

Well written. Glad I got an opportunity to spend sometime there for one of the early Short-Media LANs. I never expressed it but camping in your backyard in my tent reminded me of when I was a little kid and my folks let me and my brother spend the night outside. Sleeping outside for me has always been a magical experience and it was great to relive it even if I was in my late thirties.

Thanks for the memories and here's to many more that are sure to happen in your new digs.

I'll leave you with a simple word that was uttered by one Jerome Garcia, "Thrive". And I know you guys will.

~namaste
  • Great writing.
  • Pretty sure the island has to come with you. IC demands it.
  • edited February 2012
    Things change; and it seems to me like the harder we cling to the past, the harder it is for us to move ahead into the future. Best to just shed the weight and let your heart fly free into tomorrow.
  • Hi Brian, Fede here....
    You know, it feels like a wrench, but the English are the only people (who in their language) differentiate between a 'house' and a 'home'.
    You're leaving a house.
    You're taking your home, with you.
    a person can fall into the trap of becoming attached to attachment....
    you kinda remember all the great, wise and worthy platitudes Buddhism teaches about such matters, but part of you feels... I dunno.... 'entitled' to be attached. "Helldammit, this is my life I'm talking about! I deserve to be attached - it's my right!!"
    It almost feels as if by practising non-attachment, you're betraying your birthright....
    Well, Maybe the best thing to do is to just..... Sit.
    Breathe.
    Be calm, be centred and bring your Mind home.
    as the saying goes, there is no better place than Here, there is no better time than Now.
    Here and Now is where Home is.
    Not bricks, not mortar, not geographic, not state, town or community-governed.
    where you are, is where you is.
  • Thanks Fede! <3
  • Brian and Fede; so well written. Wish I could figure out who you all are? Haha! Deep at least....