My first time alone in Detroit

Comments

• My advanced Google-foo has found the house! Is that house across the street still there? It looks really bad! Hedge looks cute and many of the homes in the area look well maintained. So, 320 miles from my door to yours. :-D

Oh, and Detroit Area Boy Scouts Council office is only a few blocks away too. Have you tried Motor City Brewing Works? Seems highly rated?
  • edited January 2012
    The house across the street is still there, yes. It actually has some interesting graffiti on the side facing Avery. I may look up who owns it.

Have not been to the Brewing Works, no, wasn't even on my radar.
  • Yknow, I know nothing of house repair, and I'm sure it will cost a boatload to get in good shape, but from what I can tell, that house hasn't been outright destroyed. Good luck!
  • Brewing works has great food from what I have heard and solid (if not spectacular) brews. A pilgrimage there would not be unwelcome.
  • Just found the like to your site from the piece on CurbedDetroit. After seeing the photos, I am so heartened and inspired that you guys have made the move to save it and bring it back. What amazing bones that place has! And I'm loving your posts here. I will follow along from SF, with great real estate envy. I grew up in SE MI, and I know you guys will have real challenges along the way, but man, what a great adventure to take on and share with the rest of us. You're making me want to move back already.