Our adventure begins

Comments

• It took a good 3 or 4 months before my house actually felt like my house, and not just somewhere new I was sleeping and living. It was also move-in ready.

I don't know if the amount of work you guys are gonna pour into this place is going to quicken or delay the "this is home" feeling, but I am so jealous of all the potential that house has. I have a feeling it's going to feel like home as quickly as you pour your sweat and love into the place.
  • Really cool read. I've always wanted to do this myself but have lacked the funds. I still have hopes of buying a beautiful Detroit monstrosity in the future. People like you give me hope. Keep working, you'll get there.
  • Thanks Mike!
  • That's my mother-in-law Lynne who welcomed you. We're glad to have you in the neighborhood. What a great house!
  • Hey Jesse! Thanks :)
  • I absolutely love that you did this and look forward to vicariously experiencing the renovations with you. I spent my childhood years in Detroit and have always longed to return, convinced of the potential for Detroit to 'come back'. The house is extraordinary - good luck on your adventure!
  • Welcome to Woodbridge! So glad Lynne gave you a proper welcome. We're in the teal shingle-style on the block south of you. Hope to meet you soon.
  • Congrats! I love that house! I would have offered on it myself if I wasn't in the middle of a renovation in a Corktown loft. It will be so much fun to watch that place come back to life!
  • Welcome to Woodbridge! So glad Lynne gave you a proper welcome. We're in the teal shingle-style on the block south of you. Hope to meet you soon.
    Your house is beautiful. Thanks for the welcome!
    Congrats! I love that house! I would have offered on it myself if I wasn't in the middle of a renovation in a Corktown loft. It will be so much fun to watch that place come back to life!
    Thanks Pamela! It's gonna be so great when it's done :)

• I absolutely love that you did this and look forward to vicariously experiencing the renovations with you. I spent my childhood years in Detroit and have always longed to return, convinced of the potential for Detroit to 'come back'. The house is extraordinary - good luck on your adventure!
    Thank you!
  • Don't worry, everything will work out alright. I live in Boston (soon to move to Detroit), and when I was younger I bought a 3-family for $250 K. I was scared, too, but it was the best thing I've ever done. You got a great deal, and you'll be helping to revive Detroit at the same time. Congratulations!