Woodbridge neighborhood crime watch text alert group

Comments

• I so want to join and post "bad examples". Well other "bad examples" not the one already listed.
  • I should create a second group just for chatter, so the neighbors can all get to know each other better :D
  • Tried to join, it says "not allowed to do that."
  • Weird... I'll try it from a different account.
  • Okay, I guess I wrongfully assumed that people can join groups in GroupMe. Turns out, they need to be invited by the admin (me). You can Send me a message with your first and last name and mobile number. Once you have access to the group you can use the GroupMe app on iOS, Android, Blackberry, a computer, or just send SMS messages to the GroupMe phone number that is listed on the page and that will work. Sorry!
  • It's so refreshing to see some outsiders moving into the neighborhood and fixing what's wrong with it. Good thing you discovered Jerry's post on using GroupMe to help with crime. That's so much easier than actually getting to know one another or working with the existing safety initiatives that longtime residents have been working on (Safe In Woodbridge, AmeriCorps block clubs, WCDC meetings, etc.) ...
  • edited March 2012
    It's so refreshing to see some outsiders moving into the neighborhood and fixing what's wrong with it. Good thing you discovered Jerry's post on using GroupMe to help with crime. That's so much easier than actually getting to know one another or working with the existing safety initiatives that longtime residents have been working on (Safe In Woodbridge, AmeriCorps block clubs, WCDC meetings, etc.) ...
    No need to veil your point with obvious sarcasm. We're all adults here.

I'm sorry you see this as some sort of invasion or insult. That's not my intention. My intention is to offer another avenue of communication for our neighborhood.

We've been the victims of three break-ins so far. None of those neighborhood groups have reached out to us, contacted us in any way, and none of the many wonderful neighbors I've met have mentioned a single one of those groups.

I fail to see how more outreach and more communication is a bad thing. If you disagree with the group, then simply ignore it. No harm intended, and it's certainly not going to infringe on anything else anybody is doing.

Be nice! We're good people. I'm not an outsider, I've been a Detroiter for most of my life.

• edited March 2012
    Hi. @Sue...

I'm in the UK, and I've never been to Detroit, but I can vouch from here, that primesuspect is Good people'.....really good. :0)
  • "New ideas and "outsiders" can be scary change," said the French, British, and every other group who lived in Detroit before us.

The idea of "outsiders" is silly. More tools to bring the community together is a good idea that benefits everyone, insiders and outsiders alike.
  • I am just hearing about this. Is the system still active?