It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!
That's all? Just "Electrical work"
this house is exactly what i thought in my mind, our NB house looked like.....
Remember, aaages ago, when I began that cosy little thread about 'what does our NB house look like?' and we got all manner of replies... some a bit more off-the-wall than others, admittedly...well, anyhow, when i posted that thread - this house is exactly what i thought in my mind, our NB house looked like.....
it defies explanation.
- Painted window for bathroom
- Backhoe dug out along back & south side of house
- Tarred & applied plastic to exposed walls
- Replaced weeping tile pipe along both exposed walls
- Preserved 1899-era clay weeping tiles for landscaping use later
- Fixed foundation hole revealed on back wall
- Fixed crumbled foundation we knew about in northeast corner
- Backfilled both holes on the north side of the house
- Drywall installation in bathroom
- Removed & reinstalled fence section for backhoe access
- Discussed further drainage options & solutions related to weeping tile
- Dropped a hornet bomb in the attic
- Electrical work continued
- Moved kitchen cabinetry to account for previous botched measurements by previous owner
This may be an issue with the chimney as well. That diagonal crack above the mantel was a hairline when we lived there.
While I'm at it, that black sooty look around the fascia of the porch roof may be indicative of poor ventilation of the soffit cavity under the roof. I know the porch was recently redone, maybe that was missed.